Mercury Capri Convertible 1994 Series III
These changes make it easy to tell the 1994 Capri from earlier models:
Front and rear (plastic) bodywork is new for both models - including new tail light design. The XR2 also received new ground effects and a different rear spoiler. Both models have "Capri" embossed in rear bumper.
- A body colored trim piece replaced the previous red and grey accent exterior trim.
- Five spoke 14" alloy wheels were made standard on the base model, while the XR2 recieves standard seven spoke 15" alloy wheels.
- Black with black carpets and trim replaced gray as the standard interior color. The gray interior is discontinued. Black leather is made standard on the XR2.
- An air conditioning system using the more ozone-friendly R134 refrigerant replaced the earlier conventional system.
- The XR2 received an improved sports suspension featuring stiffer springs, a lowered front end, ball joints instead of rubber bushings at the anti-sway bar ends, and a faster steering ratio. These changes produce a more sports car like feel.
- The XR2 also received a "graphics" package - really just some XR2 decals in front of the rear wheel and a plastic badge on the rear tailight assembly.
Do you need parts for your Capri or Capri restoration project?
Modern Capri Parts offers 1991 Capri parts, 1992 Capri parts, 1993 Capri parts and 1994 Capri parts. Modern Capri Parts is the leading supplier of Capri parts and accessories. Visit the on-line store and shop anytime for all your Capri parts and accessory needs. Use our 100% secure on-line store with shopping cart and performance upgrades for the 1991, 1992, 1993, and 1994 Mercury Capri. -Permanent link for this article-